Beth Albaneze CTRS CPRP CLP is the Owner and Operator of the Award Winning House Calls Total Wellness. She brings nationwide services for teens to seniors in the area of personal life coaching, counseling, community resources, advocacy and/or integration to individuals with life transition or trauma. Beth and her team of specialists assist family members in making difficult decisions about their loved ones with either chronic mental illness or ongoing medical issues; individuals needing accommodations at school or work and provides direction to community resources, professionals or facilities.
Beth was a part-time Adjunct Professor at Montgomery College teaching Group Dynamics in the Mental Health program and has been there since 1998. She taught several other classes but cut down when her business expanded. She is also a consultant to several senior day facilities in Maryland and Virginia where she reviews records and evaluates the quality of the programming. She is also an International Presenter where she has spoken on various topics of mental health as far as Greece and France for the World Congress on Mental Health and the International Association of Psychosocial Rehabilitation. She was a Geriatric Care Consultant for Seniorlink evaluating seniors in their homes and worked as an Intake Specialist at the Washington Assessment and Therapy Services in Md.
She was the Founder and Director of the Clinical Student and Volunteer Department for two statewide non-profit companies assisting adults with disabilities in the areas of therapy, vocational rehabilitation, residential assistance and therapeutic recreation. While she was there she created the Therapeutic Recreation Department and remained for over 20 years. Beth created partnerships with programs such as Best Buddies; Americorps and recruited college students from all over the world. She matched them with clinical supervisors in different disciplines within the companies. These collaborations were with accredited national and international universities to ensure field credit compliance.
Beth served as Director for the ‘Open Door’ program connected with Montgomery County Recreation Department . This program helped to integrate people with disabilities into the community and taught them socially sanctioned behavior while in real life settings. She stayed Director for over 15 years part-time and supervised Therapeutic Recreation students placed within her program. She worked as a Psychometrist in Philadelphia for an eminent Psychologist and Author and he was the reason she pursued her career in Mental Health.
She has served as a Case Manager and Hot Line Counselor for the Mental Health Association, Montgomery County and when starting her business substituted at Montgomery County and Howard County Public Schools . She worked as a substitute at Regional Institute for Children and Adolescents and Mark Twain School as a Behavioral Resource Specialist.
Beth continues to do in-service training to facilities, homecare agencies, select providers and the community at large on topics such as Validation; Reflective Listening; Creating Motivation in the home setting; Developing a Leisure Lifestyle; Balancing Vocation and Recreation; Developing Intrinsic Rewards in life, Collaborating with Providers for successful outcomes to name a few.
Beth loves to dance, travel, babysit and socialize with family and friends. She is a native Washingtonian.
See Beth Bio in Health Magazine! Also here in Health Magazine!
- AA degree in Mental Health from Montgomery College, Takoma Park MD
- Selected Outstanding Student and President of Mental Health Association
- BS degree, Psychosocial Rehabilitation, University Of Maryland, College Park, Md (CPRP certified)
- MA degree, Recreation, focus Therapeutic Recreation, University of Maryland, College Park, Md (CTRS certified)
HOUSE CALLS TOTAL WELLNESS COUNSELING CERTIFICATIONS
- International Association of Psychological Rehabilitation Services
- National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification
- Maryland Recreation and Parks Professional Certification Board
- Certificate of Appreciation from Montgomery College (Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus)
HOUSE CALLS TOTAL WELLNESS AWARDS/HONORS/SPEAKER
- Beth Albaneze speaker at 40th Annual NAMI Conference See more here
- Outstanding Practitioner-Maryland Recreation and Park Association
- Bullets Community Service Award
- Employee of the Year
- Spirit Award
- Committee Chair of the Year
- Board and Site Sponsor for the National Society on Experiential Education
- Appointment to Dean of Community Building for Governors Commission on Service
- Co-chair of Maryland Advisory Council for Governors Office on Service and Volunteerism
- International Presenter Abstracts accepted in France, Canada, and Presentations at conferences all over the United States.
- Outstanding Service Awards from Best Buddies
- Outstanding Service Awards, Montgomery County Police
- Created a Symposium with the National Institute of Mental Health; University of
Maryland Health and Human Performance Department; and the Department of
Psychiatry at Howard County Hospital on Integration issues impacting individuals with Chronic Mental Illness.
- President of Montgomery County Volunteer Administrators
President of Therapeutic Recreation Branch of the Maryland Recreation Park Association
- Member of Metro Collaborative
HOUSE CALLS TOTAL WELLNESS BOARD POSITIONS
- Conference and Training Member Maryland Recreation Park Association
- Board of Threshold Services, Nonprofit Assisting Individuals with Mental Ilness
- Advisory Board Member for Threshold Services Compeer Program
- Advisory Board Member for Best Buddies, Inc
- Advisory Board Member for Maryln House Residential Services
"Beth, we have had quite a ride. You were a great student then a fantastic faculty. Thank you for your love and support. I will definitely stay in touch. Know that you are a special friend to me and I will remain ready to be there for you. Nathalie sends her regards and best to you. Love, Charlie" Dr Charles Marcantonio, Chair Montgomery College Mental Health program and Social Sciences
"Beth exudes enthusiasm and compassion for people no matter what their situation... She is empathetic and insightful. Working collaboratively with Beth assures that we pursue the highest standards and successful programs to assist individuals to attain their personal goals.”
—Janis Froehlich,Intern Coordinator,Montgomery County Police“
Many, Many Testimonials. See them Here.